Sunday 9 July 2017

White, No White

Suhani Lotlikar,
The Motor Boots Project.


White, No White

From my greatest inspirations, ‘I’d never wear head-to-toe black’.
As loyal as I am to this choice of Anna Wintour, the color that outnumbers all the apparel in my closet is White. It brings out a vibrant look and an overall fresh effect in any season.

So this week I put my whites to a test on the wet roads. While listing down all possibilities of this experiment, I remembered wearing a white cotton top inside an Armor jacket on a ride to Karjat. The armor being made of mesh allowed dust particles to find a way in and also left black stains on the waist and underarm area of the top. And trust me they were horrible! That was a naive choice though.

Well the weekend plan was to meet with my girlfriends at the Cat Cafe Studio in Andheri which is about 18 kms from my place. I got into the classic white top and blue denim look and rode through the unpredictable traffic of Mumbai only to reach my destination after an hour. (Yes, I managed to make it without drowning in the sweat!) For that matter, nothing else could have been a better choice than a White apparel against the shining sun. But the road was still wet and my visor protected me from being mud-slashed. To sum it up, when it comes to riding in white the choice depends majorly on the season but it surely tops the Comfortable Style List.

                          


Disclaimer: If you have a naked bike or any such large tyre vehicle around you, they will provide you with a memorable artwork on your beloved white clothing on wet roads.

Apparel: Crop top by The Cat Cafe Studio, Versova.

No comments:

Post a Comment